We are looking for a professional, knowledgeable Certified Medical Assistant to undertake all medical assisting tasks for our physician office. You are the individual patients will reach out to when they have questions and concerns about their healthcare needs. Physicians will also rely on you for accurate and timely patient intake.
The ideal candidate will have a compassionate and friendly demeanor while maintaining high levels of accuracy in patient data collection. Building a high level of trust with patients is a must.
The goal is to make patients feel comfortable with our care and collect accurate vitals and patient data which pertains to patient care.
We are a geriatrics office, specializing in Medicare Risk.
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patient; recording medical history; confirming purpose of visit.
- Prepares patients for examination by performing preliminary physical tests; taking blood pressure, weight, and temperature; reporting patient history summary.
- Saves ophthalmologist’s time by helping with office procedures such as laser surgeries, tear duct probes.
- Secures patient information and maintains patient confidence by completing and safeguarding medical records; completing diagnostic coding and procedure coding; keeping patient information confidential.
- Counsels patients by transmitting physician’s orders and questions about surgery.
- Schedules surgeries by making arrangements with the surgical center; verifying times with patients; preparing charts, pre-admission and consent forms.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing and following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Serves and protects the ophthalmology practice by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Enhances practice reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Complete tasking on assigned HEDIS reports and follow-up to ensure timely patient completion of requested services.
The following experience and skills are important:
- High school diploma
- Registered Medical Assistant certificate
- Strong customer service focus
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Teamwork orientation
- Organized and able to manage competing priorities
- Good judgment
- Resourcefulness in problem solving
- Able to take and follow through with delegated tasks and accountability